Exercise off the job too
- Lots of people who work a physical job think there’s no need to exercise outside of working hours. Wrong.
- While your day job, say building, will burn more calories and build more muscles than someone who drives a desk, some regular exercise outside work will help you to stay fit and healthy.
- And you don’t have to be the first in the gym and last out.
- Exercise in moderation, and check out some variety like Pilates or swimming.
- Even 30 minutes of easy exercise like walking can be enough to keep your body listening to you and not the other way around.
- If you find yourself doing one particular exercise over and over, maybe it’s time to change it up.
- if you’re a gym guy, see if they can suggest a compensating exercise you could do.
- borrow a bike and ride around the park, go for a tramp, change your walking route……keep it interesting.
- Regular exercise is integral to keeping your health and body in tip top shape, and doing the correct exercises can:
- Increase muscular endurance (the ability for your muscles to resist fatigue)
- Increase your aerobic and functional capacity to complete daily task
- Reduce your likelihood of injury (i.e. lower back pain/disc)
If exercise is a bit of a foreign word for you, take a look at this info on
How to get started when it’s been a while