Be smart outside in the sun – cover up
- Working outside? You do know that working up the hell suntan is actually not compulsory. In fact, one might just kill ya.
- Did you know skin cancer kills more than 350 Kiwis each year, and it’s among the most common cancers diagnosed in NZ.
- Keep a good eye on your skin, get regular checks and if moles or freckles change or give you concern, see your GP straight away.
- Cover up when working outdoors in New Zealand’s unforgiving sun.
- Put suncream on (at least SPF 30), and reapply in your breaks.
- Wear long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat when the hard hat’s off.
- It’s not just the hot, sunny days you need to worry about, as sunburn can and does happen on overcast days too.
- We all need some UV action, but how much? Check out this easy guide from the smart folk at NIWA.